- Helium is a chemical element. It is the second element found in the periodical table.
- The atomic mass of Helium gas is 4.002602 amu.
- There are two electrons present in Helium.
- It is a inert gas or Noble gas. It does not react with other chemical elements easily in natural conditions.
- Helium is the second lightest element (only Hydrogen is lighter than Helium).
- Helium gas does not have any colour. It is odourless and does not have any taste.
- Liquid helium is used in cryogenics.
- The Crystal structure of Helium is of Hexagonal shape.
- Helium-4 makes up about 23% of the universe’s ordinary matter.
Quiz Questions about Helium
1.Who discovered helium?
Answer : French astronomer Pierre Janssen discovered Helium around the Sun as a bright yellow line.
2. Who discovered Helium on earth?
Answer : The British chemist Sir William Ramsay discovered the existence of helium on Earth in 1895.
3. What is the atomic number of Helium?
Answer : 2
4. Who is the largest supplier of Helium in the world?
Answer : USA
5. By which process you can synthesize Helium from Hydrogen?
Answer : Nuclear fusion process
6. Which Helium isotopes are stable in nature?
Answer : Helium -3 (3He) and Helium-4(4He)
7. which gas is used in balloons?
Answer : Helium